i am a 17 years old girl who loves music. fashion. my style. other peoples veiw of style... now I know you gonna have a crush for me.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

hey, young world

Summer.



This is a note to summer. I hate you. No, not really, I mean, just kinda sort of. This actually has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to come back to blogger and be all angsty and moody, but of course I fail at that. I will be posting on the regular from here on forth. maybe I shouldn't say that. wouldn't want to jinx myself.... sure I had a small fling with tumblr, which is WAY better than blogger, or as belle describes it "tumblr > blogger, it's kind of like my sexy new french girlfriend and blogger is the fat white guy of the relationship" which is totally approbz, I say blogger is like burnt toast.... if that makes any sense... okay moving right along.


This post is mainly for the frequenters of my blog and those who wondered when I was going to stop being lazy and just update already.
here I am. updating.

I would like to discuss what is currently inspiring me, its not resort. because that sucked. Its not Mens spring 2010 because that is mainly just skinny pre-pubescent boys strutting half naked down the runway, and quite frankly that bores me. like, i'm kinda over it. I would like to tell all fashion photographers that nudity is not a form of expression. please move on. I know it is beautiful sometimes, but when its all you see you begin to grow tired of it. also while we're on this subject, I would like to say that jumping in editorials *cough* teen vogue *cough* US vogue *cough* *cough* is also reached the "omg again?" point. its just not original, and I would like to see more artistry in editorials like this I mean Tim Walker NEVER disappoints. I could link this whole tumblr which is a gold mine of artistic and creative fashion editorials.



What inspires me. the week of June 28-July 4







shot by Milos Mali and showcases how technicolour, neon pop, ornate brocade can blend together successfully when worn by the gorgeous Kuei. The inspiration seems a mix of M.I.A and Santogold with Boy George circa 1980! A decidedly egalitarian approach to the styling, labels like Josh Goot, Tina Kalivas, Zimmermann, Firetrap and Adidas mix with Jimmy Choo, Burberry, Gucci and Marni to form the kaleidoscope of colour and texture.



A proper "inspiration" post could not be complete without some Comme des Garcons. I chose this particular photo because I have it on my bedroom wall and it shows the prime example of mixture of pattern that is so good. and because its fucking Comme des Garcons



Mixture of patterns, clashing colours. I believe that's all that needs to be said.




Canary fucking yellow. that is all that needs to be said.




Sid Vicious has been a "style icon" of mines from a young age... even when I was younger and a tom boy.
I owned this leather jacket that was so tattered and worn, it was basically awesome. and even when it got a tear i just patched it up and added more spikes. truefax.





I can't put into words how beautiful and amazing this ensemble is. Its the dopest thing I have ever seen. It all goes together so well. she is a princess in rodarte. and tie dye. and everytime I see it I die.





John Galliano. Oh how much I cherish thee.... I could just break out into song at the sight of these. oh my goodness.






Chloë Sevigny. this bitch has been killing it. I fucking love her. another one of my "style icons" she is so dope.... I was not a fan of her for a while when she said something like "okay I always tell myself I'm gonna be a little more punk" because it made me feel like she was trying to be something she's not.. and I don't like when people do that. but its hard to not love her.







Charlotte Gainsbourg. I believe that is all that needs to be said. but I will elaborate, just because I love her. she is so effortlessly french and awesome, I mean I wouldn't expect nothing less from the spawn of these lovelies. the whole fucking family is awesome.





Bob Dylan. my number one. I think i'm more in love with his personality than his style... but fuck it, after all this is my inspiration post. you can't tell me you aren't inspired when you hear him sing. that voice. those lyrics. goodness gracious. I'm absolutely smitten. i'm not putting down his sense of style though, don't get it twisted. he is one stylish mo fo. even when he wears his pimp hat and velvet waistcoat.



No comments:

THE StReeT chanteuse is

THE StReeT chanteuse is
AND ABLE!